Friday 20 April 2012

Rinko Kawauchi

Several years ago I was trying to find a gift for my sister in Magma.  Flicking through books I picked up a small white slender book.  The front cover  image was of small section of a womans beautiful face a stray hair  caught in the light.

Finding this book was a turning point for me, I finally began to see myself as an artist.
I bought the book for myself which is very naughty I know, but somehow I think its relevance in my life  releases me from the bad gift buying practice.

Rinko Kawauchi's 'The eyes, the Ears'.  Rinko Kawauchi's images are of her day to day life with her family.  Simple ordinary family events that do normally even register are captivating: simple, delicate, fragile, perhaps the most precious. Occasionally she captures the extraordinary moments all families experience in their own little private worlds from birth through to death.

I remain humbled.


Rinko Kawauchi has several books in print, and a beautiful blog. Check it.

http://www.rinkokawauchi.com/

http://www.foiltokyo.com/gallery/artists/rinkokawauchieg.html


No comments:

Post a Comment